DLS : an attempt at a language server

Laurent Tréguier laurent.treguier.sink at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 08:49:28 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 27 March 2018 at 21:08:20 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
> neat, I am also planning on including dcd inside my language
> server, did everything just work or did you have issues with
> threading and messaging etc and what were your experiences on
> it?

I'm not doing anything threaded except for special cases like
updating. But otherwise DCD seems to just work, I haven't had any
problems with it.

> I see that you have an auto updater, I might as well steal that
> functionality for me :p

Well, I stole your fix of using `stdout.rawWrite` instead of
`stdout.write` to make it work on Windows :p

> Can you list what else makes your language server special? Have
> you maybe also considered contributing on workspace-d/serve-d?
> ;)

Nothing makes it really special for now, the major differences
compared to serve-d is that I'm using DCD as a library, and the
update system.
Regarding contributing to workspace-d or serve-d, I have
something else in mind now : you work on code-d while I have
worked on dlang-vscode, so I named my Atom package ide-dlang
because for naming consistency the package named ide-d should be
the one using serve-d and workspace-d. As I'm now familiar with
Atom packages again, and if you implement auto-updating, making
ide-d might become quite easy :)