D_vs_nim: git repo to compare features of D vs nim and help migrating code bw them. PRs welcome

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 05:24:17 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 28 March 2018 at 23:29:28 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 3/28/2018 1:50 PM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
>> Safety - not so much.
>
> I remember back in the olden dayz when Microsoft was pushing
> ActiveX controls hard. ActiveX controls were blobs of code
> automatically downloaded from the internet that were embedded
> in your spreadsheet, word document, etc.
>
> What could possibly go wrong? :-)

I remember it... I even used some :)
And it was efficient!

But look at it today - many websites are basically a huge program
running in a sandbox. And with more APIs they don’t need a
particular page open to run in background and many other
limitations are lifted.

Still don’t understand why code signing became required on
desktop, but not in the web.