std.variant Is Everything Cool About D

Meta jared771 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 13:44:50 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 29 March 2018 at 14:10:39 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> Jared Hanson (a.k.a Meta and MetaLang around these parts) was
> inspired by an article titled "std::visit is everything wrong
> with modern C++" to contrast it with D's std.variant.visit. The
> result is this well-written post for the D Blog.
>
> The blog:
> https://dlang.org/blog/2018/03/29/std-variant-is-everything-cool-about-d/
>
> Reddit:
> https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/881hmi/stdvariant_is_everything_cool_about_d/

I've submitted it to Hacker News as well (looks like someone
posted it yesterday, but it only got 1 vote and there was no
discussion, so I figured that was grounds enough for
resubmission). If you've got an account, please give me your
meaningless internet points.

https://hn.algolia.com/?query=std.variant%20is%20everything%20cool%20about%20d&sort=byDate&prefix&page=0&dateRange=custom&type=story&dateStart=1522368000&dateEnd=1522454400