DConf 2018 Livestream

Juan ju at gmail.com
Thu May 3 11:53:02 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 3 May 2018 at 05:46:45 UTC, Bastiaan Veelo wrote:
> As I understand it, they were not recording but relying on
> YouTube to save the stream. For whatever reason, that didn’t
> work out. They wrote that they would be trying to recover the
> stream but it might well be lost. I think you should talk to
> them and explain what an asset these recordings are to dlang,
> and that we cannot let them be jeopardised by WiFi outages.

+1.

I was expecting to watch Walter's presentation, and now I would
say this is a big failure for them. Come on, this not a new event!

In this day and age with all the cameras around us, if they
really lost any content they should stop doing this.

Sorry if I'm too harsh, but this is totally unacceptable.