DConf 2018 Livestream

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Thu May 3 15:14:57 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 3 May 2018 at 11:53:02 UTC, Juan wrote:
> On Thursday, 3 May 2018 at 05:46:45 UTC, Bastiaan Veelo wrote:
>> As I understand it, they were not recording but relying on
>> YouTube to save the stream. For whatever reason, that didn’t
>> work out. They wrote that they would be trying to recover the
>> stream but it might well be lost. I think you should talk to
>> them and explain what an asset these recordings are to dlang,
>> and that we cannot let them be jeopardised by WiFi outages.
>
> +1.
>
> I was expecting to watch Walter's presentation, and now I would
> say this is a big failure for them. Come on, this not a new
> event!
>
> In this day and age with all the cameras around us, if they
> really lost any content they should stop doing this.
>
> Sorry if I'm too harsh, but this is totally unacceptable.

Don't worry, you didn't miss much. You're better off just reading
his blog post, as Walter keeps his keynotes light on tech:

https://dlang.org/blog/2017/08/23/d-as-a-better-c/

While the post covers slightly different material, it gives the
idea.

On Thursday, 3 May 2018 at 12:24:16 UTC, Per Nordlöw wrote:
> On Wednesday, 2 May 2018 at 07:13:21 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>> For those of you unable to join us in Munich, you can watch
>> the fun online via the following link:
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/user/hlmceventsgmbh
>
> I can't find Andrei's talk this morning. Was it lost?

I believe the lost video is only from the morning of the first
day. Andrei's talk may simply not be accessible in the archived
livestream anymore, as Nemenja says, but there's no indication
that it was lost.