Funding for code-d/serve-d

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Sat May 5 11:21:29 UTC 2018

This morning at the Hackathon I announced that the D Foundation
is raising money for code-d/serve-d, the plugin for Visual Studio
Code and its companion Microsoft Language Server Protocol
implementation for D.

We've set up a goal of $3000 at our Open Collective page:

https://opencollective.com/dlang#

At the top of the page, you'll see our current balance, the
projected balance at the end of the year based on the current
level of monthly donations, and the goal of $3000 on the far
right.

We're sitting at just over $1100 as I write this, which means
we're almost halfway there already. We encourage those of you who
use Webfreak's VS Code plugin to contribute whatever you can in
order to fund its development, especially if you want to see it
improve.

An important point is that development on serve-d can ultimately
benefit not just code-d, but other IDE and editor plugins where
it may be used.

If we reach $2700 within 30 days, the D Foundation will throw in
the remaining $300 and we'll let Webfreak get to work.

If this proves successful, we hope to use future goals to fund
development across the D ecosystem. Some of our targets will be
driven by the results of the recent State of D Survey and others
will be driven by other concerns. If you are interested in
helping to move the state of D development forward, please
consider contributing!