Diamond mentioned in stackshare.io article

Gheorghe Gabriel knoppy273 at live.com
Sat May 5 20:34:05 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 5 May 2018 at 18:56:52 UTC, Gheorghe Gabriel wrote:
> On Saturday, 5 May 2018 at 14:06:45 UTC, Bauss wrote:
>> On Saturday, 5 May 2018 at 12:32:38 UTC, Gheorghe Gabriel
>> wrote:

>>> I love Diamond!
>>> It is my favorite framework written in D so far.
>>> I've been working on a big project in D for three weeks,
>>> after one year of D experience.
>>> Can't wait to finally expose it.
>>
>> Thank you so much!
>>
>> When you get started with it, don't hesitate to ask me about
>> stuff!
>
> Thank you! I need a little help (maybe an example) on dll
> reflection.
> I can't figure it out how to do it.
> I need to instantiate new "Unknown" objects from dll, without
> closing the app and recompiling it.

I think it's a very big step for D to have a Studio Software.
My idea is to create an editor for D app development.
Wanted features:
   1) Main templates:
       - GUI Application with a 2D/3D scene (this is where I need
dll reflection)
       - Web Application using Diamond (with a powerful GUI Editor)
   2) Targets:
       - Windows, Linux, MacOS
       - Android, iOS*, WinStore*
       - HTML5 using WebAssembly
   - Vulkan and OpenGLES
   - Maybe multithreaded safe
Some current features:
- Awsome Event Listener for GUI. I am sure you will love it.
- A 3D scene with a camera movement (mouse + WASD keys)
- Node based scene (unique id per node)
- Class managers for Input, Core, Graphics, Audio
- Very productive (It has a lot of static if, static foreach,
mixin, UDA, __traits ..) - Just D cool stuff.
- It uses OpenGL as it's main graphics library and SDL2 for
window, keyboard..
- It is very fast because of its architecture, very optimized
Some good statistics: Simple 3D scene with some objects, compiled
with DMD on Win64 release mode (i7-6700k, 24gb ram + GTX960m =
600 fps 1080p)
I have a lot ideas for it but the exam session will finish after
two months, so, unfortunately, I won't be able to work on it
until then.
After this, I am going to take 4 hours per day to work on it.
My dream is to have the chance to present it at DConf 2020. :)
And by the way, I will implement it's website in Diamond MVC.