iopipe v0.0.4 - RingBuffers!

Patrick Schluter Patrick.Schluter at bbox.fr
Sat May 12 19:38:52 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 10 May 2018 at 23:22:02 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> OK, so at dconf I spoke with a few very smart guys about how I
> can use mmap to make a zero-copy buffer. And I implemented this
> on the plane ride home.
>
> [...]

They can be problematic with some CPU's and OS's. For modern
CPU's there should be no problems but those with exotic caches
and virtual memory configurations there can be some aliasing
issues. Linus Torvalds talked a little about that case in this
thread of realworldtech
https://www.realworldtech.com/forum/?threadid=174426&curpostid=174731