serialport v1.0.0

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Sun May 13 18:05:35 UTC 2018

On Sunday, May 13, 2018 17:57:56 Andre Pany via Digitalmars-d-announce
wrote:
> On Sunday, 6 May 2018 at 22:02:05 UTC, Oleg B wrote:
> > Stable version of serialport package
> >
> > * Blocking `SerialPortBlk` for classic usage
> >
> > * Non-blocking `SerialPortNonBlk` and `SerialPortFR` for usage
> > in fibers or in vibe-d
> >
> > * Variative initialization and configuration
> >
> > * Hardware flow control config flag
> >
> > Doc: http://serialport.dpldocs.info/v1.0.0/serialport.html
> > Dub: http://code.dlang.org/packages/serialport
> > Git: https://github.com/deviator/serialport
>
> Thanks for this library. The announcement is at the right time as
> I want to write a smart home application to control my shutters.
> The application will run on a raspberry pi (ftdi sub stick).

So, now we'll be able to hack your shutters? ;)

> Do you thought about including your library into phobos? A std
> library really should contain this functionality.

Really? If the consensus is that it should go in, then okay, but I don't
think that I've ever seen a standard library with anything like
functionality for talking to serial ports. And what would having it be in
Phobos buy you over just grabbing it from code.dlang.org?

- Jonathan M Davis