Complicated Types: Prefer “alias this” Over “alias” For Easier-To-Read Error Messages

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Mon May 21 23:52:10 UTC 2018

On Monday, 21 May 2018 at 20:22:05 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
(Abscissa) wrote:
> On 05/21/2018 12:36 PM, Arredondo wrote:
> > One typo:
> >
> >> 1. Although the alias this means MyType...
> >> 2. Although the alias this means MyType...

Sheesh. I stared at this for a bit, thinkking, "But that's the
same thing!" My eyes kept sliding right past the item numbers,
here and in the post.

> > The list has two "1." headers.
>
> Looks like the blog software got confused by my multi-paragraph
> "1. " (Maybe that's not strictly kosher from a writing
> perspective anyway?)

GitHub got the item numbers right in the gist we used for
editing, though the formatting of the extra paragraphs wrong. It
was multimarkdown that goofed it. WP does support Markdown for
posting, but I've been unable to enable it on this installation,
so I run everything through multimarkdown first.