DConf 2018 Ex Post Facto

Andy Smith andyrsmith at gmail.com
Thu May 31 21:44:33 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 31 May 2018 at 15:01:12 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> Since I returned home from my extended trip to Germany, it's
> been a slog trying to ramp back up into my usual routine. It
> was a week before I could find any words at all for a
> retrospective on the conference, and it very nearly took
> another week to get the post in readable form. I'm still not at
> peak productivity, but I'm getting there. I've got a couple of
> guest posts lined up (including one from Walter) and I should
> be getting the Twitter & FB feeds going again soon.
>
> In the meantime, here's what DConf 2018 was like from my
> perspective.
>
> The blog:
> https://dlang.org/blog/2018/05/31/dconf-2018-ex-post-facto/
>
> Reddit:
> https://www.reddit.com/r/d_language/comments/8nj1nn/dconf_2018_ex_post_facto/

I probably wouldn't have attended my first DConf had it not been
for
your blog posts on writing bindings for C libraries, and thus
probably
wouldn't have attended the subsequent ones either, so it was
great to
meet you finally!

If it's any consolation I also had an embarrassing train story on
the
way the conf ... Like you I also wasn't sure if I'd got on the
right
train from the airport so I asked some poor wee guy in my 'best'
German if the train was going to Daglfing. Unfortunately Scots
with
bad German basically just sound like drunk Germans. I think he was
just about to surrender his wallet when an elderly couple nearby
chimed in with 'yes it is!!!', so face was saved in the end.

All's well that ends well!

Cheers,

A.