usable @nogc Exceptions with Mir Runtime

bauss jj_1337 at live.dk
Thu Nov 1 10:17:25 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 31 October 2018 at 13:56:56 UTC, 9il wrote:
> ~ is used for string concatenation in D including string
> compile time constant concatenation.   It is better not to
> override it because both << and ~ can be used in the same
> expression.

I see what your argument is now for it, BUT I would still have
left it out because it's not idiomatic D and an alternative would
have been better if you absolutely had to rely on ~ being used
within the expression to combine both.

Ex.

try throw new MirException(stringBuf().append("Hi D", 2, "!",
getData);

Would have been a much better approach similar to how
write/writeln etc. work from std.stdio.