smile.amazon.com Promotion

bachmeier no at spam.net
Thu Nov 1 10:20:02 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 1 November 2018 at 03:18:44 UTC, SealabJaster wrote:
> It's kind of discouraging to see that your post, as well as
> another thread asking something similar regarding the vision
> document[1] have gone unanswered...
>
> Maybe the people who could answer these things just don't see
> them, or maybe they're purposefully being quiet. It would be
> nice to know what's going on at the very least ;(
>
> [1]
> https://forum.dlang.org/thread/qmwovarkjgvxyibslajl@forum.dlang.org

There is nothing stopping the community from doing things like
raising money for improving the user experience and marketing the
language. Walter and Andrei do not have to be involved in
anything outside of the core language development. No vision
document is needed.

Neither Walter or Andrei is a CEO. We should be realistic and act
accordingly.

Don't get me wrong, it would be great if the DLF did these
things, but it's not happening now and it's not happening ever.
The question is who will provide the leadership to move things
forward. To this point, nobody has stepped up.