Wed Oct 17 - Avoiding Code Smells by Walter Bright

unprotected-entity unprotected-entity at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 01:39:46 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 3 November 2018 at 21:35:04 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 11/2/2018 5:44 PM, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
>> When one encounters a new idea that's unfamiliar sometimes
>> it's easy to think that because it's unfamiliar it must be
>> unsound. That can be a mistake.  It might be better to suspend
>> judgement for a while and keep an open mind.
>
> So true. My ideas on how to write code have changed
> dramatically over the years, and continue to change.

I hear the advantages of the way D does it.

But nobody wants to hear about the disadvantages.

Am I the only one who needs to keep an 'open mind'?

What harm can come, from an optional tool, that enables
enforceable encapsulation of a type, within a module (from code
also in the module, but outside that type)?

Can someone please answer that?

And yet again, I remind people that this is not a request for
change. This is a discussion about what benefit such a tool can
bring.