LDC 1.13.0-beta1

kinke kinke at libero.it
Mon Nov 5 14:46:25 UTC 2018

On Monday, 5 November 2018 at 13:53:50 UTC, Guillaume Piolat
wrote:
> On Friday, 2 November 2018 at 21:04:13 UTC, kinke wrote:
>> Glad to announce the first beta for LDC 1.13:
>>
>> * Based on D 2.083.0.
>> * The Windows packages are now fully self-sufficient, i.e., a
>> Visual Studio/C++ Build Tools installation isn't required
>> anymore.
>
> Very cool! And very scary too, we'll have to verify the
> transcendantal precision and memcpy performance :)

Don't worry, we're not using anything from the MinGW runtime
itself - just functions exported by the MS DLLs and some minimal
startup/shutdown skeleton (`mainCRTStartup` entrypoint etc.). We
(incl. DMD) are just using their .def files as basis for the
generated import libraries.