Wed Oct 17 - Avoiding Code Smells by Walter Bright

Atila Neves atila.neves at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 11:47:31 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 31 October 2018 at 13:33:52 UTC, Stanislav Blinov
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 31 October 2018 at 13:28:54 UTC, rikki cattermole
> wrote:
>
>> But at the end of the day, it just depends on the scope of the
>> module. Is it getting to large? If so, split.
>
> Yup. LOC aren't a particulalry informative metric.
> Documentation, comments, unit tests, blanks, all contribute to
> it. Split by scope, by concept, by responsibility, by any
> implementation-relevant metric, not by LOC. As the joke goes,
> your word processor is doomed to fail once it also starts
> sending out emails...

This is why the only measure is SLOC, not total lines, and one
can measure SLOC easily with `dscanner --sloc` (for other
languages I use sloccount). It probably counts unit tests though,
which is unfortunate, but since my tests are always out-of-tree
these days anyway...