Profiling DMD's Compilation Time with dmdprof

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Tue Nov 6 19:01:58 UTC 2018

On Tue, Nov 06, 2018 at 06:00:22PM +0000, Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> This is a tool + article I wrote in February, but never got around to
> finishing / publishing until today.
>
> https://blog.thecybershadow.net/2018/02/07/dmdprof/
>
> Hopefully someone will find it useful.

I don't have the time to look into this right now, but at a cursory
glance, WOW.  This is awesome!  It looks like it would be really useful
one day when I try to tackle the dmd-on-lowmem-system problem again.
This will greatly help identify which Phobos modules cause big
slowdowns on a low-memory host system.

Recently, our IT department hired a bug-fix engineer. He used to work for Volkswagen.