DIP 1014--Hooking D's struct move semantics--Has Been Accepted

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 01:54:54 UTC 2018

I'm happy to announce that Walter and Andrei have rendered their
verdict on DIP 1014. They were in agreement on two points: they
don't like it, but they know we need it. Given that there are no
other alternative proposals and that they could see no
alternative themselves, they decided to accept this DIP without
modification.

Thanks to Shachar Shemesh for pushing the DIP through to the end
of the process and for his patience throughout. And
congratulations on obtaining a successful result.

I'll be getting the DIP queue moving again in short order. Walter
and Andrei are currently considering DIP 1015 [2] and I expect to
be able to announce their decision regarding it sooner than
normal.

I'll be launching the Final Review round for Manu's DIP 1016 [3]
in the coming days. And given the approval of this DIP and a
sense of urgency underlying the need to fix the flaws of
postblit, the next DIP to move out of Draft Review will be
Razvan's Copy Constructor proposal [4]. Immediately after that,
I'll start pushing the older DIPs into Community Review
back-to-back, without pause.

[1]
https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/DIPs/accepted/DIP1014.md
[2]