DIP 1014--Hooking D's struct move semantics--Has Been Accepted

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Thu Nov 8 03:04:06 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, November 7, 2018 6:54:54 PM MST Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-
announce wrote:
> I'm happy to announce that Walter and Andrei have rendered their
> verdict on DIP 1014. They were in agreement on two points: they
> don't like it, but they know we need it. Given that there are no
> other alternative proposals and that they could see no
> alternative themselves, they decided to accept this DIP without
> modification.

I think that that probably sums the situation up pretty nicely. The fact
that we need something like this is just plain ugly, and if it starts
getting used frequently, there's definitely a problem, but there are use
cases, where it's going to be invaluable.

- Jonathan M Davis