Profiling DMD's Compilation Time with dmdprof

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 06:27:25 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 8 November 2018 at 06:08:20 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> It was definitely about 4 seconds not too long ago, a few years
> at most.

No, it's still 4 seconds.

digger --offline --config-file=/dev/null -j auto -c
local.cache=none build     7.31s user 1.51s system 203% cpu 4.340
total

> It does seem to take more time now; I wonder why.

If it takes longer, then it's probably because it's being built
in one CPU core, or in the release build.