Profiling DMD's Compilation Time with dmdprof

welkam wwwelkam at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 11:08:26 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 6 November 2018 at 19:01:58 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> It looks like it would be really useful one day when I try to
> tackle the dmd-on-lowmem-system problem again.

Based on my profiling it seems that most memory is allocated in
void importAll(Scope* sc) found in attrib.d . A person with more
knowledge of DMD source could create new allocator for scope data
and when its no longer needed just dealloc all. My intuition says
that after IR is generated we no longer need scope information.

Here is profile data for simple file.
https://imgur.com/a/ROa6JNd