Backend nearly entirely converted to D

welkam wwwelkam at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 17:23:53 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 7 November 2018 at 22:03:20 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> Single letter names are appropriate for locally defined
> symbols. There's also an informal naming convention for them,
> changing the names would disrupt that.

And where can i read about naming convention? My guess its not
documented anywhere and would not be in foreseeable future or
ever. Also are you sure you are not talking about two letter
variables like
sc for scope
fd for function declaration
td for template declaration

because I am not proposing to change them. They are 26 times
better than one letter names and changing them would not bring
significant benefit. What I want to do is change variables like
m. Try guessing what it is used for. Hint it is used for
different things.

What I dont understand is that you are against changing variable
names that would improve code understandability but you are not
against changing for loops to foreach that add almost nothing to
code readability and only look better.

What you dont know about me is that I worked as code
reviewer/tester/merger at PHP shop and know full well why you
want pull requests the way you want. I also know how much less
easier it is to review simple changes like foreach loop changes
and simple variable renaming