DIP 1015--Deprecation of Implicit Conversion of Int. & Char. Literals to bool--Formal Assement

Bastiaan Veelo Bastiaan at Veelo.net
Mon Nov 12 18:25:22 UTC 2018

On Monday, 12 November 2018 at 17:49:55 UTC, Joakim wrote:
[…]
> it's quite simple: they view a bool as an integral type with
> two possible values, a `bit` if you like. As such, they prefer
> to fit it into the existing scheme for integral types rather
> than special-casing booleans as Mike proposed.

I can’t say I have a strong opinion on this, but possibly it
would be right to have an integral “bit” type to differentiate it
from the Boolean type, just like we have a “byte” type to
differentiate it from “char”...