DIP 1015--Deprecation of Implicit Conversion of Int. & Char. Literals to bool--Formal Assement

Neia Neutuladh neia at ikeran.org
Wed Nov 14 18:11:59 UTC 2018

On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 20:27:05 -0800, Walter Bright wrote:
> There have been various attempts over the years to "fix" various things
> in the D matching system by adding "just one more" match level.

I kind of feel like, if something would be confusing like this, maybe the
compiler shouldn't be making an automatic decision. Not "just one more"
match level, but just...don't match. If there are multiple matching
overloads, just error out. Don't try to be clever and surprise people,
just tell the user to be more explicit.