The New Fundraising Campaign

Martin Tschierschke mt at smartdolphin.de
Fri Nov 16 11:55:48 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 10 November 2018 at 16:09:12 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> I've just published a new blog post describing our new
> fundraising campaign. TL;DR: We want to pay a Pull Request
> Manager to thin out the pull request queues and coordinate
> between relevant parties on newer pull requests so they don't
> go stale. We've launched a three-month campaign, and Nicholas
> Wilson has agreed to do the work.
>
> We have high hopes that this will help reduce frustration for
> current and future contributors. And we will be grateful for
> your support in making it happen.
>
> Please read the blog post for more details:
>
> https://dlang.org/blog/2018/11/10/the-new-fundraising-campaign/
>
> For the impatient:
>
> https://www.flipcause.com/secure/cause_pdetails/NDUwNTY=

I am still not convinced, why jet an other contribution system is
needed.

But you should place the links at:
https://dlang.org/foundation/donate.html
to lead people to this campaign not reading this post.

An important feature flipcause really is missing is paypal, as a
payment method. To be able to donate without credit card. - Yes
there are people not using credit cards if they can avoid it,
especially in Europe.