Profiling DMD's Compilation Time with dmdprof

Basile B. b2.temp at gmx.com
Sat Nov 17 23:01:23 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 6 November 2018 at 18:00:22 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> This is a tool + article I wrote in February, but never got
> around to finishing / publishing until today.
>
> https://blog.thecybershadow.net/2018/02/07/dmdprof/
>
> Hopefully someone will find it useful.

I put a start to the project then today i remembered callgrind...
What are the pros and cons in comparison with callgrind ? By
coincidence i had to callgrind dmd today and got answers to a
performance issue in a very straight forward way because for
example:

     $ valgrind --tool=callgrind generated/debug/dmd somefile.d

is very simple procedure and produce a file that's easy to
interpret in kcachegrind (which can then also produce a graph in
ps format). Note that i don't try to discredit your work, i'm
just curious to know.