D compilation is too slow and I am forking the compiler

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 10:16:14 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 21 November 2018 at 09:46:44 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> It works by allocating memory from a memory-mapped file, which
> serves as the precompiled header.

Hey, that's a great idea! Can we do this for DMD? :D

On a more serious note: do you think that with D's features (type
system / metaprogramming), you could have avoided some of those
bugs?

For example, one thing we can do in D which is still impossible
in C++ is to automatically serialize/deserialize all fields of a
struct/class (using tupleof / allMembers).