D compilation is too slow and I am forking the compiler

Guillaume Piolat first.last at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 13:05:34 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 28 November 2018 at 12:48:46 UTC, Laeeth Isharc
wrote:

> D isn't really marketed and it's definitely not sold.  That's
> an implicit strategy in itself.

What I see in my (absurdly competitive) market is that the people
that truly do no-marketing tend to close shop, sometimes despite
very competitive offerings.

It colors my perception of course, since it can be very tempting
to appeal to a limited pool of discerning customers; but that
would mean death.

Imho the ones that succeed doing "no marketing" are actively
telling others they don't do marketing. It can be sometimes
funny, when the "no marketing" products comes with walls of text
and videos that very much sound like... storytelling. But

Like in the "no-makeup makeup", there is still makeup but not
obvious. 2018's marketing trend is to subtly fake complete
honesty.