Spasm - webassembly libary for single page applications

Sebastiaan Koppe mail at skoppe.eu
Sun Oct 14 19:04:51 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 14 October 2018 at 06:03:10 UTC, Bogdan wrote:
> Awesome work! I remember that, at some point the
> https://glimmerjs.com/ authors wanted to write their vm in rust
> for better performance. It looks like D is a new option for
> such projects.
>
> Bogdan

Thanks, a lot of credits go to LDC for supporting the webassembly
backend of LLVM.

I thought about doing a VM as well, specifically because I was
afraid of the performance penalty of switching a lot between js
and wasm. The idea was to emit all dom operations into one
bytebuffer (possibly at compile-time) and then instruct js to
execute that.

It turns out jumping between wasm and js isn't really a big deal
(at least not anymore), so I ditched that idea to keep things
simple.

Plus, there is a good chance that in the near future wasm will be
able to call the browsers' api directly.