Spasm - webassembly libary for single page applications

aberba karabutaworld at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 19:07:16 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 16 October 2018 at 07:57:12 UTC, Sebastiaan Koppe
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 16 October 2018 at 03:23:21 UTC, Jesse Phillips
> wrote:
>> It would be cool if D provided the easiest way to develop
>> webasm first to see if it could claim that market.
>
> If you have some minutes to spare it would be great if you
> could try it out. It should only take 10min to render your
> first divs, otherwise something is wrong.
>
> The major hurdle with any wasm dom framework is that there are
> no standard components to build on (like dropdowns,
> drag-n-drop, input validations, notifications, etc.), nor any
> css frameworks (like material ui, bootstrap). So'll need to
> build everything from scratch, and no sane person is likely to
> do that.
>
> What might be an option is to try to integrate with other wasm
> libraries out there, so at least we can use their components.
> But everyone does his own thing, so integrating is going to be
> hard as well.

A common use case for wasm is to port C++ native apps to web.
e.g. is the recent autoCAD web app which does almost everything
the desktop app can. That's the only reason to IMO do stuff in
wasm. Games, productivity software, etc...performance. Spasm
might just be perfect for that kind of stuff