Oh My Gentool [v0.0.1] (Yet another binding generator)

Atila Neves atila.neves at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 20:03:42 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 23 October 2018 at 15:44:06 UTC, Andrea Fontana wrote:
> On Tuesday, 23 October 2018 at 14:45:06 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 23 October 2018 at 07:42:56 UTC, evilrat wrote:
>>> (Oh My) Gentool v0.0.1 is just released!
>>>
>>> What it is?
>>> Binding generator with C/C++ support(primarilly C++) that
>>> outputs D bindings.
>>>
>>> [...]
>> Don't we have dpp for this?
>
> Not yet :)

We do - it's just very far from being complete. dpp can do some
simple C++ and would have been able to do C-with-classes-style
C++ ages ago. My focus is on templates though, since for me I
can't see any useful C++ libraries that I'd actually want to call
from D that don't use templates. And sometimes it's as silly as
wanting to bind to an existing not-that-complicated library that
happens to have a std::vector in its structs. For that, you need
to be able to translate the standard library.

A cursory glance shows me that Oh My Gentool doesn't yet do
operator overloading or move/copy constructors yet for instance,
and dpp does both of those right now (modulo bugs).

However, the more, the merrier!