Release D 2.082.0

lurker lurker at aol.com
Sun Sep 2 15:51:37 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 2 September 2018 at 15:33:09 UTC, Laurent Tréguier
wrote:
> On Sunday, 2 September 2018 at 14:42:41 UTC, lurker wrote:
>> after the beta i tried it again - just to be fair.
>>
>> 1.) install d, install visual d.
>> 2.)trying to to look at options under visual d without a
>> project crashes VS2017 - latest service pack.
>> 3.)VS2017 - displays a problem on startup
>> 4.)creating the dummy project - compile for x64. error
>> something is missing.
>> 5.) deinstall everything and wait for another year
>>
>> this crap does not even work out of the box - what else is not
>> tested in D?
>
> With the Windows SDK, the Windows Universal C Runtime and the
> VC++ v14.15 installed with Visual Studio Installer, I can
> compile for x64. What does it say is missing ?

if i remember correctly (5.), it wants a different/other version
of the tool chain.
never the less, i'll continue using c# and not install (1.)
again, since in earlier versions of D i eventually had to
deinstall VS2017 and then reinstall it fresh. too much work.
btw, 1. was the only plugin i had.