LDC 1.12.0-beta1

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Wed Sep 5 05:15:45 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 4 September 2018 at 23:03:30 UTC, Arun Chandrasekaran
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 4 September 2018 at 22:47:39 UTC, kinke wrote:
>> Glad to announce the first beta for LDC 1.12:
>>
>> * Based on D 2.082.0.
>> * LTO working for Win64 targets.
>> * IR-based PGO working for Windows targets.
>>
>> Full release log and downloads:
>> https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases/tag/v1.12.0-beta1
>>
>> Thanks to all contributors!
>
> Fantastic work! This is the first time LDC caught up with DMD
> in a single day, I guess.

No, kinke has had this down before, as the first 1.10 beta came
out within two weeks and the 1.11 beta came out on the same day
as its upstream dmd:

https://forum.dlang.org/thread/lyzbdiqcnohbvphzgsce@forum.dlang.org
https://forum.dlang.org/thread/gpeecjveashtvfpihccn@forum.dlang.org

This _is_ the first time we're releasing a native build of LDC
for linux/AArch64 on the release date, because of the work kinke
did to add a Linux/AArch64 CI for LDC, which also automatically
uploads the release build. 1.11 was the first release with an
AArch64 build, but that was added manually a week later, as can
be seen from the datestamps here:

http://www.somsubhra.com/github-release-stats/?username=ldc-developers&repository=ldc

I'll add native beta builds for Android in a couple days.