DIP Draft Reviews

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 09:41:39 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 6 September 2018 at 07:13:20 UTC, Nicholas Wilson
wrote:
> IMO the DIP author should at least participate in the community
> review if they expect their DIP to have _any_ chance of success.

I disagree. Reviews are mainly for giving feedback, not for
deciding the fate of the DIP -that's what the formal assesment is
for.

IMO, it's enough that the author reads the review and addresses
the points in the DIP before the next phase. And not every point
has to be blindly addressed, the reviewers may be just as wrong
as the author.

The reviews are still mentioned in the DIPs so they can be
considered in the formal assesment, addressed by the author or
not. And of course it's always better if the author interactively
participates at the review, but it should not be required IMO.