DIP Draft Reviews

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 10:49:55 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 6 September 2018 at 10:22:47 UTC, Nicholas Wilson
wrote:

> Put it this way: DIP1017 should not go to formal without
> change, as it did from draft to community (which I don't think
> should have happened without at least some acknowledgement or
> refutation of the points raised in draft).

I always ask DIP authors about unaddressed feedback before moving
from one stage to the other, and I did so with DIP 1017 when
moving out of Draft Review. It's entirely up to the author
whether or not to address it and there is no requirement for DIP
authors to respond to any feedback. I would prefer it if they
did, especially in the Post-Community stage and later as it helps
me with my review summaries, but 1017 is not the first DIP where
feedback went unaddressed and I'm sure it won't be the last.