[OT] My State is Illegally Preventing Me From Voting In The Upcoming 2018 US Elections

Neia Neutuladh neia at ikeran.org
Sun Sep 9 15:49:37 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 9 September 2018 at 09:34:31 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
(Abscissa) wrote:
> 1. As most United States citizens are implicitly aware (though
> the government assumes NO responsibility to ensure citizens are
> aware of this), to vote in a United States of America election
> and have the vote legally *count*, a United States citizen MUST
> vote on the exact day of elections, from the exact location
> determined to be the correct voting location for said citizen.

In Ohio, early voting begins 10 October:

https://www.sos.state.oh.us/elections/voters/voting-schedule/

Some areas have vote-by-mail as the default. This increases
turnout for non-Presidential elections from abysmal to merely
shameful. In these areas, you don't need to go to a specific
location (though there are ballot drop-off locations if you don't
want to trust your ballot in the mail).