Meson support for Mir and Lubeck

9il ilyayaroshenko at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 21:22:42 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 5 August 2018 at 02:36:29 UTC, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> On Saturday, 4 August 2018 at 18:23:15 UTC, 9il wrote:
>> The Meson Build system [13] support was added to the following
>> Dub packages:
>>
>> asdf [1] - JSON serialisation library
>> cblas [2] - CBLAS header for Dlang
>> lapack [3] - LAPACK header for Dlang
>> lubeck [4] - High level linear algebra library
>> mir-algorithm [5] - Core algorithm library and a home for
>> Dlang multidimensional array package - ndslice
>> mir-blas [6] - ndslice wrapper for CBLAS
>> mir-lapack [7] - ndslice wrapper for LAPACK
>> mir-linux-kernel [8] - Linux headers for Dlang
>> mir-optim [9] - Optimisation framework
>> mir-random [10] - Advanced random number engines and random
>> distributions
>> [...]
>
> Neat! This will allow us to package Mir for Debian. At the
> moment, there is nothing using Mir in Debian (obviously) and
> nothing using it is planned for packaging, but adding it might
> be useful still, since it can also - with some limits - be used
> from non-D code.

Looks like that only betterC projects are good enough to become
Debian packages. Generally because of the have stable C ABI that
does not depend on D compiler version at all.

Maybe we can pack Mir Optim, what is the proper way to do it?
Its features:
  * stable betterC API/ABI, C/C++ headers
  * two times faster then Alglib for multiple (heavy) curve
calibration (recent release)
  * allows to use user specific threads through C API, while free
version of Alglib is strictly single thread.

> I only worry about potential name clashes with Mir (the display
> server) in Ubuntu ^^

Interesting, say libmir-optim(-dev) (I don't think we will have a
lot of betterC packages)