Webassembly TodoMVC

Sebastiaan Koppe mail at skoppe.eu
Sat Sep 22 19:51:48 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 22 September 2018 at 14:54:29 UTC, aberba wrote:
> Can the SPA code be released as a separate module for
> WebAssembly web app development?

Currently the whole thing is not so developer-friendly, it was
just the easiest way for me to get it up and running.

Right now I am trying to ditch emscripten in favor of ldc's
webassembly target. This will make it possible to publish it as a
dub package (ldc only), as well as reduce some of the bloat.

The downside is that ditching emscripten means I have to
implement things like malloc and free myself.

There is some obvious overlap between this and recent efforts by
others (I remember D memcpy, and people trying to run it without
libc, etc.), so I expect a situation in the future where all
these efforts might be combined.

Regardless, I don't need much from the C library, just enough to
make (de)allocations and parts of the D standard library work.

TL;DR I intend to publish it on dub, but it does takes some more
time.

What do you think of the struct approach compared to a
traditional jsx/virtual-dom?