Webassembly TodoMVC

aberba karabutaworld at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 18:48:55 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 22 September 2018 at 19:51:48 UTC, Sebastiaan Koppe
wrote:
> On Saturday, 22 September 2018 at 14:54:29 UTC, aberba wrote:
>> Can the SPA code be released as a separate module for
>> WebAssembly web app development?
>
> Currently the whole thing is not so developer-friendly, it was
> just the easiest way for me to get it up and running.
>
> Right now I am trying to ditch emscripten in favor of ldc's
> webassembly target. This will make it possible to publish it as
> a dub package (ldc only), as well as reduce some of the bloat.
>
> The downside is that ditching emscripten means I have to
> implement things like malloc and free myself.
>
> There is some obvious overlap between this and recent efforts
> by others (I remember D memcpy, and people trying to run it
> without libc, etc.), so I expect a situation in the future
> where all these efforts might be combined.
>
> Regardless, I don't need much from the C library, just enough
> to make (de)allocations and parts of the D standard library
> work.
>
> TL;DR I intend to publish it on dub, but it does takes some
> more time.
>
> What do you think of the struct approach compared to a
> traditional jsx/virtual-dom?

As a pro web developer, I think JSX will be the perfect
abstraction for maximum adoption. React, being one of the most
popular library for developing web applications, is loved by the
community. Its the perfect way to model UI components that fits
well in my logic.

"ReactJS provided the solution that developers were looking for.
It uses JSX (a unique syntax that allows HTML quotes as well as
HTML tag syntax application for rendering specific subcomponents)
This is very helpful in promoting construction of
machine-readable codes and at the same time compounding
components into a single-time verifiable file. ...
It allows developers to write their apps within JavaScript. JSX
is one of the greatest features that not only makes ReactJS easy
but fun too. Developers can easily make a new UI feature and see
it appear in real time. It brings HTML directly into your JS. ...
Components allow developers to break down complex UI. The idea of
components is what makes ReactJS unique. Instead of worrying
about the entire web app, it makes it possible to break the
complex UI/UX development into simpler components. This is
crucial in making every component more intuitive."

See JSX:
https://medium.com/@thinkwik/why-reactjs-is-gaining-so-much-popularity-these-days-c3aa686ec0b3

I'm personally not tied to any framework or library. Only use
React/JSX because its solves a real and practical problem for me.
Something most web developers agree from the stackoverflow 2017
survey: https://insights.stackoverflow.com/survey/2017