Copy Constructor DIP and implementation

RazvanN razvan.nitu1305 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 12:33:30 UTC 2018

After discussing with Walter and Andrei we have decided that we
are going to drop @implicit for now as it may cause bugs (as
Jonathan has highlighted) and consider constructors that have the
form this(ref $q1 S rhs) $q2 as copy constructors. I will update
the DIP with more information.

Also, regarding the cohabitation between postblit and copy
constructor: in order to make the transition smoother, whenever a
postblit and a copy constructor are found togheter in a struct,
the former is used and the latter is ignored (even if it is a
field postblit). Once the postblit is going to be deprecated we
can do the opposite and use the copy constructor and ignore the
postblit.

If @implicit is going to be introduced then that is going to be a
DIP on its own.