lodash like utility/algorithms library for D

aliak something at something.com
Sat Sep 29 12:44:38 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 29 September 2018 at 01:40:34 UTC, Robby Marki wrote:
> On Friday, 28 September 2018 at 14:02:48 UTC, aliak wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been working for fun on a library [0] that is inspired by
>> a library from the javascript world called lodash [1]. I
>> basically liked the flexibility and thought I'd try and
>> implement a few things as it was about the time I started
>> learning D. It basically tried to do the same with algorithms
>> as in lodash but adds the usage of Optional!T and Expect!(T,
>> U) as ways to returns results.
>>
>> [...]
>
> In this example
> https://aliak00.github.io/ddash/ddash/functional/try_.html
>
> where does the match function come from?
> I get this error when trying to compile:
> onlineapp.d(16): Error: no property match for type int
> /dlang/dmd/linux/bin64/../../src/phobos/std/algorithm/iteration.d(500):        instantiated from here: MapResult!(__lambda1, int[])
> onlineapp.d(15):        instantiated from here: map!(int[])

Haha ok I'm a bit stumped right now. That example is wrong, so
you get the correct error, but it actually compiles on me machine
right now.

I changed Try.front to return the expected return value of a
tryable function. And in that example that would clearly be an
int. So there is no "match" on type int is what I should be
seeing as well. But for some reason that I'm going to have to dig
in to, it's compiling a running in the actual project code O_o.