DC v1.0.0 - cross-platform D compiler install management tool

Bastiaan Veelo Bastiaan at Veelo.net
Tue Apr 2 11:49:00 UTC 2019

On Monday, 1 April 2019 at 17:35:38 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2019-04-01 12:31, Mihails wrote:
>
>> Nice, I must admit I have had my mind set about DVM as
>> something that has existed for years and wasn't quite the
>> right thing. Had no idea you kept improving it lately.
>
> Yeah, I thought it was time to fix one or two bugs.

Appreciated!

Once we take D into production I plan to integrate a tool like
dvm or dc into our build system for two main reasons:

1) to have reproducible historical builds, being able to check
out a revision from a year or more ago and compile it without
deprecation warnings or errors that we did not have back then,
and including any bugs that may have been present in e.g. phobos.

2) being able to prepare the code base for a new compiler release
(or brand), push it, so that thereafter all developers and CI
systems start using it without further thought or administration.

This is an important gear in the drivetrain that will allow us to
maintain a "Please break our code!" mentality so that the
language can continue to get better and better without us being
left behind.

So thank you.

Bastiaan.