New DConf Blog Post

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Tue Apr 9 15:45:11 UTC 2019

On 4/8/19 12:42 PM, matheus wrote:

> For example let's take this Forum (https://forum.dlang.org):
>
> Like I said above I think this forums has an excess of borders and I'd
> prefer something like this: https://i.imgur.com/OQCPojN.png than what
> you have today, but this is a personal taste.

That's actually a really nice improvement, IMO. I do think a lot of
designers these days go overboard with removing as much as they can (and
forgetting the "...bot no more" part). But that mockup strikes a very
nice balance.

If anything, I'd play around with adding a slight emphasis to the column
headings ("Group", "Last Post", etc), maybe by putting them in bold. As
they are in the mockup, they tend to disappear to the mind. Took me
awhile to realize they were even still there, and that was only because
I was looking for them.

But, that is really nice overall. I'd love to see the forum adopt it.
(Although I normally use the NNTP interface, so take the opinion for
whatever it's worth.)