OpenWL/DL - two foundation libraries for building a cross-platform GUI with non-C++ languages

Dennis dkorpel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 10:49:15 UTC 2019

On Friday, 12 April 2019 at 10:02:53 UTC, DanielG wrote:
> Oh, and I see now you were only asking about OpenWL, not the
> both of them. Derp.
>
> So yeah, just the complete lack of OpenGL support really :P

Well I don't mind you telling more about OpenDL either. :)

My first reaction to "I made a cross-platform windowing library
with C API" was "glfw already got that covered", but I now see
how this focuses more on static windows for GUI's rather than
hardware-accelerated drawing. I've worked with high-level GUI
libraries and with low-level OpenGL canvasses before, but I'm not
familiar with platform-native CPU drawing so this project
actually piqued my interest now.