Two New Manpower Initiatives

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 19:42:11 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 17 April 2019 at 18:51:19 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

> Looking at the Ecosystem Task List, I had expected something
> more specific than just "close as many bugs as possible" for
> various projects.

That's how I initially envisioned it. But on reflection, that's
probably not the best way to go about it. The time available is
extremely limited. Specific tasks need to be trivial enough to be
completed within a single workday. That's a broad category. That
would mean populating the list with a bunch of issues from the
priority projects. Which issues? All of them that fit? Then why
put them on the list at all? Just let the tasked worker sort
through the project's issues page. They're in a better position
than I am to judge how long it should take them to finish a lot
of those items anyway.

But this is just to seed the list and get us started. Anyone can
suggest specific tasks to add to it and submit an issue or a PR.
I expect such tasks to be added as time goes by.