OpenWL/DL - two foundation libraries for building a cross-platform GUI with non-C++ languages

DanielG simpletangent at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 21:58:31 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 17 April 2019 at 18:39:47 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> May I ask why?

Please be more specific so I don't answer the wrong question.
(Why not in D? Why a C API? Other?)

And re: hardware acceleration of Quartz2D ... at least up to
10.12, I see no evidence of that in my testing. Compared to
Direct2D on Windows, native Quartz2D drawing on a 5k iMac (i7
6700k) over a large enough area is noticeably sluggish.

I would be interested to know exactly what API functions are
supposed to be accelerated. Ever since QuartzGL went away, there
doesn't seem to be any public information about what, if
anything, is GPU-assisted. Of course I'm talking about pure
Quartz2D (Core Graphics) here, nothing else.