grain - D Language for Deep Learning

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 10:56:54 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 24 April 2019 at 10:51:08 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
> On Wednesday, 24 April 2019 at 06:13:13 UTC, Fynn Schröder
> wrote:
>> [snip]
>>
>> It's an autograd library for dynamic neural networks based on
>> mir and cuda. See GitHub for more details:
>> https://github.com/ShigekiKarita/grain
>> I've tried it and it works great -- although it's far from
>> feature complete in comparison to e.g. PyTorch.
>
> Cool. Thanks for the summary.

Hmm, it looks like there are comparisons between it and chainer,
pytorch, and tensorflow. It might be interesting to compare it to
some other static autograd libraries. The only one I can think of
off the top of my head is Stan's [1], though that's designed more
for probabilistic programming than neural networks.

[1] https://github.com/stan-dev/math