GDB + ddemangle

Basile B. b2.temp at gmx.com
Sat Apr 27 00:08:39 UTC 2019

On Friday, 26 April 2019 at 07:08:45 UTC, Arun Chandrasekaran
wrote:
> On Friday, 20 April 2018 at 17:55:12 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>> On 20 April 2018 at 17:40, drug via Digitalmars-d-announce
>> <digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:
>>> it works, thank you. But not in all cases. For example when
>>> gdb stops on breakpoint it demangle, but if I do `bt` -
>>> backtrace isn't demangled.
>>
>> Using a compiler that implements 2.077 or later (IIRC)
>> probably won't, due to gdb being too old.  They broke ABI by
>> introducing back referencing, no release of gdb supports that
>> yet.
>
> This stays broken after 1 year. How do we fix this?

I recognize your name from IRC, where you posted a related
question yesterday.
The person in charge for D in GDB had answered:

The problem is that the mangling scheme has changed (to produce
shorter mangles). Demangling will be eventually supported when D
will be in GCC for good (GCC 10) and then he would port the
demangling from GCC to GDB.

So for now demangling of D in GDB only work if the binary is
compiled with a very old version of the compiler, i.e prior to
the new mangling method.