libfirm-d - D bindings of Firm, a compiler IR based on the SSA form

Basile B. b2.temp at gmx.com
Mon Apr 29 10:57:12 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 1 July 2018 at 12:04:06 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
> I've recently ported libfirm to D.
>
> This nice C library, developed at the Karlsruhe university,
> allows to build compiler back-ends, using the SSA intermediate
> representation.
>
> In theory it could even be used to make a new D compiler
> version, e.g "FDC", although this is obviously of no interest ;)
>
> So this is mostly to make JIT scripting engines or back-ends
> for toy languages...
>
> See:
>
> - https://github.com/BBasile/libfirm-d
> - https://code.dlang.org/packages/firm-d
> - https://pp.ipd.kit.edu/firm/
>
> Note that unfortunately this library is LGPL2 licensed, so much
> less usable than LLVM-d, which is a similar but a more
> mainstream library.

With the recent release of dstep 1.0.0 I've managed to make a new
minor release that only auto generate the sources (v0.1.0). It
was obviously not a good idea to maintain all the headers up to
date manually, although this permitted to learn a bit the API.

Note that building must be done at least twice the first time
because of a DUB limitation.

other changes :
- dub package on code dlang is gone, it must really be a git
stuff now
- it's much faster because build is optimized using git hashes.
- location changed due to GH account renaming

https://github.com/Basile-z/libfirm-d