Symantec has been sold to Broadcom

DanielG simpletangent at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 02:22:11 UTC 2019

Software is a funny thing. I'm old enough to remember when
everything was locked down and proprietary, of economic
necessity. Nowadays it's almost entirely the opposite, for the
same reason.

We're definitely well into the Singularity, but because our time
perception is keeping up with it, it doesn't *seem* like things
are moving as fast as they really are. But whenever I stop to
really appreciate what's possible with software now, most of it
was nearly or totally inconceivable back in the 90s.

Fully expecting to be gunned down by a Boston Dynamics T-800 any
day now.